Join us for the 28th Annual Philadelphia International Cricket Festival. Sir Garfield Sobers remarked in awe that the event venues at Philadelphia, Merion and Germantown Cricket Clubs were “Amongst the finest he had seen anywhere in the world!”
History in the Making…
Experience history in the making at an event where:
- Fred Trueman said he concluded his bowling career;
- Gary Kirsten and Mark Boucher inducted the first Americans into the Buffalo Club;
- Sir Richard Hadlee delighted audiences with his vast repertoire of sporting anecdotes, myths and legends;
- Richie Richardson covered “Hotel California” in his “Dread & the Bald Head” band reggae rhythm;
- Jonty Rhodes flew through the air with acrobatic flair;
- Michael Kasprowicz let fly some 10 ft bouncers;
- and, Sunil Joshi gave vivid accounts of the IPL thrills.
Prince Philip once said “Some people seem to be under the incredible delusion that cricket is only a game”.
Cricket is in fact:
- A sport where games can last up to five days;
- A sport where the ball can be delivered at speeds of over 90 miles per hour;
- And most importantly, a sport where, in the heat of battle, ativan to buy online everything stops for tea!
A Truly International Experience…
Four spectacular days of cricket with teams harkening from New York City like the Mad Dogs and in past years the Free Foresters from England, Lloyds of London, Zamigos from Holland, the Queens Royal Hussars, the Village Greenies from the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and a kaleidoscope of teams from across North America and Canada. Eleven players per team, 20-overs per match, 5 – 6 matches over four days with a tournament final on Sunday May 4th at the Philadelphia Cricket Club.
Loveliest Spring Event…
You are invited to attend one of the loveliest Spring Events in the Philadelphia area. Cricket fans will enjoy four days of top class skills and competition; non-cricketing sports enthusiasts can learn about the art of the game; and if you are simply looking for a relaxing, civilized way to spend a Sunday afternoon, bring your family and a picnic blanket – for a quintessentially English experience.
What, When, Where….
2021 Philadelphia International Cricket Festival
Dates: April 29 – May 2
Location: Evansburg, Germantown, Haverford, Merion, & Philadelphia Cricket Grounds.
|NON-USA Credit Cards: Use “00000” for the zip code|